THIS WEEK IS.....
121 million people worldwide suffer from depression.
"You were created to love and be loved. You were meant to live life in relationship with other people, to know and be known. You need to know that your story is important and that you're part of a bigger story. You need to know that your life matters." - www.TWLOHA.com
Alright guys, this something i'm extremely passionate about. I'm someone who has struggled with depression, suicidal thoughts, and acting on them. There is HOPE!!! Reach out, let people know they are LOVED, they are needed, wanted, and share HOPE with the world. Also, be gentle with yourself. YOU are LOVED, worth living, and someone special. YOU are a living story..Don't give up. We need you!!
Are There Warning Signs of Suicide?
Warning signs that someone may be thinking about or planning to commit suicide include:
- Always talking or thinking about death
- Clinical depression -- deep sadness, loss of interest, trouble sleeping and eating -- that gets worse
- Having a "death wish," tempting fate by taking risks that could lead to death, such as driving fast or running red lights
- Losing interest in things one used to care about
- Making comments about being hopeless, helpless, or worthless
- Putting affairs in order, tying up loose ends, changing a will
- Saying things like "it would be better if I wasn't here" or "I want out"
- Sudden, unexpected switch from being very sad to being very calm or appearing to be happy
- Talking about suicide or killing one's self
- Visiting or calling people to say goodbye
Other risk factors for suicide include:
- One or more prior suicide attempts
- Family history of mental disorder or substance abuse
- Family history of suicide
- Family violence
- Physical or sexual abuse
- Keeping firearms in the home
- Chronic physical illness, including chronic pain
- Exposure to the suicidal behavior of others
My challenge to my friends is to reach out to someone.. Maybe you know them, maybe you dont.
We need to pick people UP instead of knocking them down.. let's do our part. Let's be the change we wish to see in the world. One step at a time..
This is an organization i'm also extremely passionate about. A portion of ALL of my artwork sales goes directly to them. Check out their page.